Currently, CPQ and product configuration changes the sales and after-sales processes faster than all other divisions. The solution is an intelligent modular product structure and a suitable configuration tool.
Product Configuration and CPQ - Goldmine and tool for sales increase.
Integrated application suites for Configure, Price and Quote (CPQ) provide a set of software applications supporting the product configuration, pricing and quote generation activities in selling. CPQ application suites are primarily deployed to support sales environments to become highly effective sales organizations. CPQ systems typically include configuration engines, pricing engines, proposal generators and quoting systems. The configuration engines or constraint engines are the heart of these systems which are complemented by approval and authorization workflows.
Challenge: Customization with CPQ and Product Configuration for revenue increase.
Technology-oriented companies in the mechanical and plant industry or the electrical industry expend more and more effort in the development of automated sales and design processes. Today’s companies do not only need innovative and cost optimized products, but especially powerful configuration systems in the quotation and order fulfillment processes with continuous workflow support.
Variant-rich and customized products usually cause higher design and manufacturing costs. Configuration professionals know how to configure/offer a customer specific solution with predefined modules. By using product configuration, the quotation process and specific BOM (Bill of Material) creation can be automated, so that sales and engineering are relieved and the preconditions for further growth are given.
Benefits in CPQ.
CPQ Configuration benefits
- Faster sales cycles and opportunity to win more deals
- Possibility to sell predefined modular products
- Decrease in errors
- Opportunity to upsell and cross-sell and improved deal profitability
- Margin protection through discounting and authorization rules
- Better control and visibility into pricing changes
- Control over maverick discounting
- Ability speed up the cycle from lead to order faster
- Chance to collaborate and respond more effectively (externally and internally) in the quoting process
- Quote error reduction
- Opportunity to push quote information into a contract
- Less time spent on proposal generation and alteration
Benefit 1: process optimization with CPQ
Our Offer: CPQ and Product Configuration
When planning and implementing a configuration tool, the whole solution should follow the product-market strategy with no restrictions for the customers.
requirements in product configuration
As a leading partner of technology companies, we help customers to increase sales effectiveness by optimizing processes with product configuration. We achieve this by using innovative product configurators or by implementing CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) solutions.
The sales effectiveness can be increased significantly; routine tasks can be automated and will provide much more time for the actual sales process with the customer. Benefit from our know-how from more than 100 projects.
To attain these objectives, we work with the following methods:
- Guided Selling, CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) and Product Configuration
- Product / Process Categories (PTO, ATO, CTO, MTO, ETO) to cluster the complexity
- Pricing- & Discounting Strategies, Value Based Pricing
- Sales / Price Configuration and Engineering Process
- Offer Documents
- Design Automation